Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why do i shoot a basketball left handed?

I am born right handed and the only thing i do in which i favor my left hand is shoot a basketball. Can anyone explain why this is so?



THANKS!Why do i shoot a basketball left handed?
It's just a state of mind. anyone can write or shoot with any hand, it just needs repetition to get used to it. You've probably always shot left handed so you got used to it. The other possibility is that it's just the way it is for you. Some baseball players hit lefty, but write with their right hand. Just don't think about it.



i myself am right handed but do a lot of stuff with my left. Just means you are more versatile or can do more things.
I have heard a lot of answers to this question but really feel that no one really answered LOGANeS's q

I am crossed developed ...not straight down one side of my body. It is rare. It is called cross handedness.You don't see left handed ppl using their right either. more than a state of mind. A gift

Report Abuse

Why do i shoot a basketball left handed?
For the "it's just a state of mind" crowd, a crosshanded person(right hand left footed) can learn to do left handed task 100 times faster than right hand right footed. Not just basketball but tennis and baseball too. Remember this applies to locomotor skills(sports) not fine motor skills (writing)

Report Abuse


I did not always shoot left handed, dribbled left handed. Played against guys taller than me all the time.They assumed that I was going to shoot left but I did not. it always confused them. That was my little secret. they did not know which hand I was going to use and me either until the last sec.

Report Abuse

Why do i shoot a basketball left handed?
With competitive sports, it is instinctive, u dont hav time to think about it. Truth be told, yes I can dribble with my right but not secure the ball with it like my left. You will not still the ball when I have it in my left hand but I got picked lots of time when the ball was in my right hand.

Report Abuse


im a right handed to bro..

but im good at shooting using my left hand..

dunno why

i just discovered it last month when me and my friend were playing HORSE and i shot 7 3's straight. using my left and we were shocked.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment