Monday, February 13, 2012

Why is the range on my walkie talkie not what it's supposed to be?

I have 6 mile range walkie talkies and when I go a little more than a mile away i have crappy reception with the other talkie.Why is the range on my walkie talkie not what it's supposed to be?
Six miles is maximum range on flat, open ground with no obstructions on a fully charged battery. Anything that is between the two radios will cut down on range.Why is the range on my walkie talkie not what it's supposed to be?
Because they are tested on flat ground when there is ideal atmospheric conditions. Add terrain, trees, skip, etc, etc. and you lower the range incredibly. Never believe the packaging.Why is the range on my walkie talkie not what it's supposed to be?
The distance may be for a cleared area with no buildings or trees. Check the packaging if available.

No comments:

Post a Comment