Monday, February 13, 2012

How do you get a headset to work with a walkie talkie?

I have Cobra 2 way walkie talkies and I bought a Motorola earpiece with a mic and it doesn't work when i plug it in. Why doesn't it work?How do you get a headset to work with a walkie talkie?
Ryan,

I work for Motorola, and I am guessing that the Cobra radios you are using have a different pin out on the lapel mic jack. The Motorola headset/lapel mic you bought, unless it states it directly on the package will most like not work with this radio and will only work with the Motorola branded radios. I have never used the Cobra radios, but have seem this issue before with other radios and the same circumstances. I would recommend you take the lapel mic back and get the one for the Cobra radio.

1 comment:

  1. If there is too much external noise it is not possible to communicate with an ear piece. A head set is used for cancelling noise and it helps to receiving clear signals. TalkPRO from iconet wireless having a two sealed electrets microphone that helps to receive clear signals. To know more about walkie talkie head set check http://www.iconetwireless.com/accessories.html

    ReplyDelete