Monday, February 13, 2012

Walkie talkie how to restrict communication to only two units?

Hi,

I have a set of G-223 midland walkie talkies. I want to use these to communicate with in the different floors/rooms of my house.

However I get lots of disturbance from outside signals. This is a distraction and sound pollution. With this disturbance I do not feel like using them. Is there a way to restrict communication ONLY between these two units? (and Nothing else).



Appreciate your inputsWalkie talkie how to restrict communication to only two units?
I googled the brand and model number to find out what you are dealing with;

you have a set of conventional FRS/GMRS radios.



Some radios have "privacy codes" (CTCSS) that keep them from responding to

any signal that lacks a subaudible tone, but the Midland G-223 does not have

that feature, and will receive any transmission on the channel to which it is set.



The only workable remedy is to buy a set of radios that have the CTCSS feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment